How We Present
Middle East and Africa inaugurate initiatives for ideal education, perfect health, and world peace on Day of Lasting Achievements
by Global Good News staff writer
Global Good News Translate This Article
30 April 2009
The Day of Lasting Achievements—one of the most auspicious days in the Vedic calendar, Akshaya Tritiya—was celebrated around the world on 27 April by the Global Country of World Peace. Leaders and programme directors representing the organization in different countries reported initiatives launched that day to create ideal health, education, and enlightenment for every individual, and invincibility for every nation on Earth, through Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's programmes.
Please also see Part I of this article. Reports continued from the Middle East and Africa, with highlights including:
• A presentation on Consciousness-Based Education was held in the United Arab Emirates on Akshaya Tritiya, attended by 1,200 students and 300 teachers. The principal announced his intention to implement the programme in the school.
• Major steps took place for the establishment of a Maharishi College of Perfect Health in the United Arab Emirates.
• Consciousness-Based Education has begun at the first high school in Turkey to implement the programme.
• The Maharishi Invincibility School in Uganda, with 51 students, founded three student organizations: the Sports Club, Students' Meditation Society, Choir Club, and a new classroom.
• The Independence Day of Togo also marked the groundbreaking on 2,800 hectares of agricultural land for a Vedic Organic Agriculture farm, and a Maharishi College of Organic Agriculture and Business.
Global Good News will continue this summary of projects launched worldwide on the Day of Lasting Achievements—with highlights from the Caribbean, North America, and Latin America. Reports on particular new projects will also continue throughout the next several days.
© Copyright 2009 Global Good News®
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: