How We Present
After 500 days, positive US trends fulfill predictions for group meditation study in Iowa
International Center for Invincible Defense
In affiliation with the Global Financial Capital of New York Translate This Article
11 December 2007
GOOD NEWS FROM THE INVINCIBLE AMERICA ASSEMBLY
After 500 Days, Positive U.S. Trends Fulfill Predictions for Group Meditation Study in Iowa
Violent Crime Drops Suddenly in Major U.S. Cities;
U.S. and North Korea End 50-Year Nuclear Standoff;
Wall Street on Pace for Second Most Profitable Year Ever;
Hurricane Season Ends with a Whimper for Second Straight Year
The results are in from the first 500 days of the Invincible America Assembly in Iowa—the first-ever scientific demonstration project to document the long-term positive effects of large group meditations on national trends.
According to Dr. John Hagelin, world-renowned quantum physicist, Executive Director of the International Center for Invincible Defense (www.InvincibleDefense.org), and the project's scientific director:
• After a two-year surge, violent crime is down suddenly in many large U.S. cities(1), led by New York City, which is on track to have the fewest murders in 2007 in more than 40 years(2).
• After decades of unremitting escalation, nuclear tensions between the U.S. and North Korea are ending swiftly and peacefully(3); violence is down 60% in Iraq over the past six months(4); peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians were held with the participation of many key Arab nations for the first time(5); and the heated rhetoric between the U.S. and Iran, which threatened only months ago to erupt into regional, if not global, conflict, has calmed dramatically(6). (These unexpected developments build upon previous good news from the Middle East during the Assembly, including the U.S.-brokered peace deal last year, which brought an immediate and lasting end to the bloody violence between Israel and Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon that also threatened to engulf the region(7).)
• Wall Street is on pace for its second most profitable year ever, despite disturbances caused by much-needed restructuring in financial debt markets(8). Just as impressive, the Dow is up more than 9 percent for the year and a remarkable 25 percent since the beginning of the Assembly, while the S&P has risen by 21 percent during the same period.
• Despite dire predictions of a highly active and destructive hurricane season, 2007 ended with a whimper; the U.S. was not hit by any major storm for the second straight year(9) (see below).
'It is possible that any one or two of these positive trends, unforeseen by experts even six months ago, could have occurred on their own. But the fact that all this good news is coming now—exactly as we predicted 500 days ago—is well beyond chance. It is the direct result of the coherence created by the Invincible America Assembly,' Dr. Hagelin said.
Positive influence of the Invincible America Assembly is immediate and profound
The Invincible America Assembly was launched by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Transcendental Meditation program, to create coherent national consciousness—the basis of a healthy, prosperous, harmonious, invincible nation.
Extensive published research shows that coherence and positivity is created in collective consciousness when a small number of people practice the Transcendental Meditation and more advanced Yogic Flying techniques together in a group. (A few hundred to a few thousand depending up on the population of the country.) This rise of positivity in collective consciousness reduces negative trends, including crime and violence, and improves economic, social, and even environmental trends.
Since the start of the Assembly, as many as 1700 experts have gathered in Iowa at Maharishi University of Management (www.mum.edu) and Maharishi Vedic City to create coherent national consciousness. 'Rigorous statistical analysis shows that the upsurge of positive trends started on the day the Assembly began—July 23, 2006—when an initial group of 1200 experts assembled from across the U.S. and around the world to practice these technologies in a group,' Dr. Hagelin said.
Dr. Hagelin said that based on the prior research, the present group of 1700 experts is sufficient to produce a powerful influence of coherence and positivity in the nation. However, to ensure that remaining problems in the country are quickly resolved and to permanently establish the nation on a high level of invincibility, Dr. Hagelin said that a group of 2500 experts is needed—and will soon be established in Iowa.
A comprehensive study is now under way, including a 26-point 'Invincibility Index,' to document the ongoing improvements in economic, social, health, environmental, and governmental trends generated by the Invincible America Assembly.
Invincible Universities being established worldwide
Dr. Hagelin also announced that new 'Invincible Universities,' each with a group of coherence-creating experts, are now being established in every country. 'These Invincible Universities will create a 'ring of invincibility' around the world to prevent problems and to promote permanent peace and invincibility in every nation,' Dr. Hagelin said.
The Invincible America Assembly in Iowa is being funded by an annual $12 million grant from the Howard and Alice Settle Foundation for an Invincible America.
Why the dramatic decline of hurricanes for two straight years?
Dr. Hagelin explained that the dramatic decline in the number of hurricanes and tropical storms during the past two years is not an anomaly. 'The decrease is the direct—and publicly predicted—result of the increased coherence in national consciousness created by the large group of 1700 advanced Transcendental Meditation program experts in Iowa,' Dr. Hagelin said. 'The non-linear partial differential equations governing the weather satisfy the characteristics of chaos theory. As a consequence, weather patterns are sensitive to infinitesimal fluctuations—a phenomenon popularly known as the 'Butterfly Effect.' This means that even minute changes in people's behavior can precipitate—or prevent—a hurricane. The Invincible America Assembly is raising the quality of collective consciousness—and behavior throughout society—to be more harmonious, more life supporting. And Nature is responding more positively.'
1. Washington Post, 'Rise in violent crime has slowed, with many cities reporting drops,' November 29, 2007
2. Associated Press, 'NYC: Fewest Murders in 40 Years?,' November 23, 2007
3. New York Times, 'Bush writes to North Korean leader,' December 6, 2007
4. Reuters, 'Iraq violence down 60 percent,' December 6, 2007
5. Yahoo News, 'A critical moment for diplomacy,' December 4, 2007
6. Associated Press, 'U.S. says Iran stopped nuclear weapons program in '03,' December 3, 2007
7. New York Times, 'U.S. policy shift kicked off diplomacy at U.N.,' August 14, 2006
8. Bloomberg News, 'Wall Street banks on steady course,' November 12, 2007
9. USA Today, 'Experts: Hurricane season was milder than forecast,' November 27, 2007
Copyright © 2007 International Center for Invincible Defense.
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: