How We Present
Ground-breaking for Maharishi Towers of Invincibility around the world
by Global Good News staff writer
Global Good News Translate This Article
9 August 2007
On 29 July, Guru Purnima, ground was broken and corner stones were laid for Maharishi Towers of Invincibility around the world.
It was a historic occasion, with ceremonies held continuously around the globe—at midday, local time in each country—beginning in New Zealand and ending 23 hours later in Western Samoa.
At each location, local leaders and supporters of the Global Country of World Peace performed Puja (Vedic ceremony of thanksgiving) to Guru Dev*, broke ground, and laid the foundation stone for the region's Tower of Invincibility. Some ground-breaking ceremonies included festivities such as traditional dancing, music, and refreshments for all who attended.
Mayors of many of the cities in which the Towers of Invincibility will be built participated in the ceremonies. Rajas (Administrators) of the Global Country of World Peace also attended some of the ceremonies.
Following are some of the locations where ground was broken for Towers of Invincibility:
• New Zealand
• Dominican Republic
• El Salvador
• Russia, in Moscow
• Togo, whose ground-breaking ceremony was attended by the local Mayor
• Cape Verde
• Mexico, in two different cities including Mexico City
• Papua New Guinea, whose ceremony was held on land adjoining the University of Papua New Guinea, and was attended by the local Mayor
• Japan, in 10 different prefectures
• Algeria, on land overlooking the Mediterranean Sea
• Turkey, at the Brahmasthan—geographical centre—of the nation
• United States**, including Michigan, under the auspices of Raja Michael Dillbeck; and California, under the auspices Raja John Konhaus. In California, the corner stone was laid for the Tower of Invincibility for the Maharishi College of Vedic Medicine in Lake Arrowhead, California.
• Macedonia, whose ceremony was presided over by Raja Felix Kaegi and Dr Christopher Crowell, Minister of Religion, Culture, and Language of the Global Country of World Peace.
• St Vincent and the Grenadines, where there had previously been no presence of Maharishi's programmes. A teacher of Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation Technique travelled there and in just two days the local leaders of the region understood the significance of the establishment of the Tower of Invincibility. The ground-breaking ceremony was held with leaders of the local Indian community under the auspices of Raja Graham de Freitas.
• Western Samoa, just east of the international date line.
*Maharishi's Master, Shri Guru Dev, His Divinity Brahmanand Saraswati, Jagatguru Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math, Himalayas
**This was in addition to the grand inauguration on Guru Purnima of the first Maharishi Tower of Invincibility in the world, at Maharishi University of Management in Iowa, USA, which had been constructed in just six weeks.
Copyright © 2007 Global Good News(sm) Service
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: