How We Present
International Foundation of Consciousness-Based Education develops programmes to create ideal schools worldwide
by Global Good News staff writer
Global Good News Translate This Article
2 July 2010
Around the world, schools are being transformed by Consciousness-Based Education, which includes the development of students' full potential through Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Transcendental Meditation Programme.
Dr Susie Dillbeck, President of the International Foundation of Consciousness-based Education,* recently outlined the achievements of the organization, which provides faculty training and programming for new and existing educational institutions:
- Curricula are being made for the 12 faculties of Maharishi Central University according to the guidelines Maharishi gave specifically to enhance students' growth to enlightenment.
- Two 32-lesson courses on 'Creating an Ideal Society Through the Science and Technology of Consciousness' have been made for meditating students in existing universities. They include DVDs, wall charts, student materials, detailed syllabi for the teachers, etc.
- Faculty Development workshops have been updated. Follow-up knowledge programmes for students and teachers have been made, consisting of a two-year series of monthly meetings focusing on developing the experience of students.
- Several Professional Development Seminars have been taught to the principals of Maharishi Vidya Mandirs,** the largest privately owned group of public schools in India, and it is now planned to offer the seminars in Latin America.
- The Science of Creative Intelligence course for middle and secondary schools, and also for younger students, has been prepared.
- A five-day in-residence seminar for university vice-chancellors has been taught in India, and now a shorter seminar of a few hours has been prepared for those interested in offering the Transcendental Meditation Programme to students in their universities.
*Click here to read more about the International Foundation of Consciousness-based Education.
**Click here to read more about the academic excellence at Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools group.
Dr Dillbeck's report was featured on the 28 June 2010 Maharishi Global Family Chat, which is broadcast daily via Internet webcast on the Maharishi Channel, Channel 3. Podcasts of the daily Global Family Chat (audio track) are also now available for automatic download, via an RSS feed.
© Copyright 2010 Global Good News®.
Global Good News comment:
For the good news about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: