How We Present
'Ten Facts you should know' inform visitors on updated Transcendental Meditation website: tm.org
TM.org (The Transcendental Meditation Program) Translate This Article
12 May 2009
The website tm.org, which offers a comprehensive introduction to the Transcendental Meditation Programme, has been newly updated to include a wider range of in-depth information on TM. The following are '10 Facts you should know' about Transcendental Meditation, featured on tm.org:
1. Simple: The Transcendental Meditation® technique is a simple, effortless mental process practiced for 15-20 minutes twice a day, sitting quietly and comfortably in a chair with the eyes closed.
2. Easily learned: The Transcendental Meditation technique can be easily learned by anyone and is enjoyable to practice.
3. Immediate benefits: The benefits of the Transcendental Meditation technique are immediate and increase over time. The technique's positive effects—for mind, body and relationships—have been verified by hundreds of research studies conducted at top medical schools and published in over 350 peer-reviewed scientific journals.
4. No belief required: The Transcendental Meditation technique does not involve belief. In fact, you can be thoroughly skeptical and the technique will still be fully effective.
5. Develops the total brain: Brain research shows that the Transcendental Meditation technique develops the total brain, increasing creativity and intelligence and improving decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
6. Not a lifestyle: The Transcendental Meditation technique is not a religion or philosophy and involves no change in lifestyle.
7. Reduces stress and high blood pressure: Medical school research funded by the US National Institutes of Health shows that the Transcendental Meditation technique is the most effective mind-body practice for reducing stress and stress-related disorders, including hypertension, high cholesterol, stroke and atherosclerosis.
8. Unique: The Transcendental Meditation technique is unlike any other form of meditation or self-development—in practice and results. The technique is distinguished by its naturalness, effortlessness and profound effectiveness.
9. Systematic instruction: The Transcendental Meditation technique is taught by certified teachers through a systematic course of personalized instruction and includes extensive follow-up and support, ensuring that everyone who learns gains maximum benefit.
10. Nonprofit organization: The Transcendental Meditation technique is taught through a nonprofit, tax-exempt educational organization. The organization's goal is to develop the full potential of the individual, minimize the negative impact of stress, and bring unrestricted and fulfilling progress to all areas of society.
© Copyright 2009 tm.org
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: