How We Present
Maharishi inaugurates twelve yearly festivals to be celebrated by the Global Country of World Peace
by Global Good News staff writer
Global Good News Translate This Article
1 July 2007
On 30 June Maharishi Mahesh Yogi inaugurated a tradition of celebration of twelve yearly festivals in every country, so that invincibility will never be forgotten. These joyous occasions will celebrate the knowledge of invincibility and the achievement of invincibility year after year, so that continuity of invincibility will be secured for all time. The dates are as follows:
1. 12 January, celebrating the concrete actualization of Guru Dev's blessings by Maharishi;
2. The Vedic Calendar Day of Maha-Saraswati, the Day of Language, usually in February, to mark the flow of all languages and dialects;
3. Guru Purnima Day, the full-moon of July, with achievements dedicated to Guru Dev, Maharishi's beloved Master, His Divinity Brahmanand Saraswati, Jagat Guru of Jyotir Math;
4. Vijaya Dashami, the Day of Victory on the Vedic Calendar, which is celebrated in October as the day of the coronation of Raja Raam, First Ruler of the Global Country of World Peace;
5. 31 December, in celebration of the birthday anniversary of Guru Dev, in whose memory Maharishi spontaneously founded the Transcendental Meditation Movement on this day in 1957, in Madras, India.
These are the five universal celebrations. As well, seven more celebrations will be held in each country:
1. The birthday of the sovereign of the country, such as the Queen of Holland in Holland, or the birthday of an ancient king, chosen by the Raja of the Global Country of World Peace, if the country does not have a sovereign ruler;
2. The National Day of the country, commemorating when the country was founded;
3. The Day of Invincibility, when the number of Yogic Flyers is reached to create invincibility for that country;
4. The day when Maharishi came to that country for the first time. Many countries will have this day in their history;
5. The day that the national government or parliament convenes;
6. The day on which Maharishi's Purusha Programme for single men was founded in the country or internationally if not in the country. The international founding day is 20 October;
7. The birthday of the Raja of the Domain.
These are the national dates which are of importance to be celebrated by the whole country, chosen by each Raja in the countries of their domain, and in each celebration a Minister of the Global Country of World Peace will head that celebration and be supported by all the other Ministers as well, and that will be one day a year for each of the twelve Ministers together with their Chief Minister and Raja. And on these national occasions the Rajas of the neighbouring countries will come to celebrate with the Raja and Chief Minister of that country to enrich that occasion.
Each of these occasions will see the beginning of some training that will be meaningful for the propogation of knowledge to cover all the population. Each of these occasions will start with a tour of the Raja with his family, and raising the flag of each state. Each of these occasions, Maharishi said, will be like a shining star in the calendar -- so many in each year, and we will print the map of the country and show the celebrations.
Each country will have so many languages spoken at the celebrations. All that will be decided year after year, so that the growth of history is celebrated year after year, and all these festivals together will declare invincibility of the nation.
Maharishi requested that these twelve festivals be held throughout the world in all countries, so that invincibility will never be forgotten.
Copyright © 2007, Maharishi University of Management
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: