How We Present
Achievements of alumni remarkable
The M.U.M. Review
Maharishi University of Management, Iowa, USA Translate This Article
12 May 2007
In recent months the University has received information about several achievements of alumni, from founding a university to starting an acting company to getting hired by one of the world's premiere research institutions.
* Kibre Dawit, 1985 — In October of 2000 founded Kisama Africa University College in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It's the first private college in Ethiopia to offer a five-year bachelor's of science program in engineering and architecture. Recently the school also began offering computer science. There are 43 faculty and over 300 students.
* Olga Petrakova, M.B.A., 1994 — Has been involved in film and theater in Los Angeles. She has appeared in several films under the name Istelle Petra. She cofounded a theater company in 2004, and most recently founded the ARTEL theater company.
* Veronique Ziegler, Ph.D., 1996 — Recently accepted a position as a research associate at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC), one of the world's top research institutions in the area of particle physics. She also earned a Ph.D. in experimental physics at the University of Iowa. Her earlier research at SLAC as a post-doctoral student led to a publication in Physical Review Letters that has been referred to as an 'instant classic.'
* Emily Marcus, B.A., 2004 — Has been accepted to Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, one of the country's leading medical centers.
* Nabin Khanal, from Nepal, M.S., 2004 — Was hired by Microsoft as a software-testing engineer. He quickly rose through the ranks and was eventually appointed to the position program manager. He now does hiring for Microsoft and recently returned to Maharishi University of Management to give a talk to the current group of students on the topic of preparing for a job search.
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Copyright © 2007, Maharishi University of Management
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: