How We Present
Global Peace Initiative: Defusing acute societal stress through Transcendental Meditation
Global Peace Initiative Translate This Article
19 October 2011
The Global Peace Initiative has identified powerful, scientifically proven meditation-based ''technologies of consciousness'' that neutralize individual and societal stress, restore balanced brain functioning, and markedly reduce crime and social conflict.
See Part I of this article.
1. Behavior is directly linked to brain functioning.
2. Stress impacts the brain. It shuts down the prefrontal cortex (the ''higher brain'') and can overstimulate the amygdala (''fear center''), causing fear-driven, aggressive, violent, antisocial behavior.
3. Acute stress on a societal scale similarly impacts the brain and behavior of everyone in society, fueling crime and social violence.
4. Extensive scientific research shows that a simple, evidence-based meditation practice, Transcendental Meditation® (TM®), dramatically reduces individual stress and its deleterious effects on brain and behavior.
5. Twenty-three published studies have also shown that TM practice, and particularly group TM practice, effectively defuses acute societal stress, and markedly reduces associated violence and social conflict—including war and global terrorism.
6. The Global Peace Initiative is dynamically implementing this Brain-Based Approach to Peace on a national and global scale, and is conducting large-scale research on its global effects as well as cutting-edge research on the fundamental physical, neurophysiological, and sociological mechanisms that underlie these global effects.
For more information, contact: The Global Peace Initiative
80 Broad Street, 5th Floor ∙ New York, NY 10004
1750 Maharishi Center Avenue ∙ Maharishi Vedic City, IA 52556
© Copyright 2011 Global Peace Initiative
Global Good News comment:
For the good news about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: