How We Present
Counterbalancing electromagnetic radiation in Maharishi Sthapatya Veda buildings
Global Good News Translate This Article
10 February 2007
In Maharishi Sthapatya Veda, the ancient Vedic science of architecture and city planning in harmony with Natural Law, a new angle has recently come to light: the issue of electricity.
Electricity is a great blessing, on which everyone depends in many ways, but it should be handled with due care. Global Good News is alerting our readers to the possible health hazards and what can be done to avert them.
Correlations between exposure to electromagnetic radiation and health problems have become significant in the last 10 years. While it has not been proven that any particular type of radiation causes a particular disease, Maharishi Sthapatya Veda is taking a preventive approach: Heyam dukham anagatam - 'Avert the danger that has not yet come.'
Particular areas to be aware of are: cables behind walls, lights, electric ovens, microwaves, cellphones, cordless phones, computers, adapters, multiplugs, any gadget plugged into the main electrical lines in the wall—all these radiate fields that could endanger our health.
As a general rule, three precautionary measures can be taken:
1. Keep some distance between oneself and the source of radiation, as radiation falls off rapidly with distance.
2. Switch off appliances with double switches—or, if those are not available, unplug the item completely. Those with a single switch still radiate electricity even when switched off.
3. Shield all electrical cables and equipment. For this, one should consult with an expert building biologist locally for the most efficient shielding methods for each situation. For new buildings, this will need to be considered in advance.
Also, three main areas should be taken care of to begin with:
1. For those who practise Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation, where one meditates is an area where the brain physiology settles down to its most refined level of functioning. Therefore it is best to keep that area as free as possible for deep transcending and completely unrestricted experience of expansion of Totality.
2. Where one sleeps, so that one is not subjected to radiation during the night.
3. The workplace where one spends many hours a day.
A building biologist, who has recently been working in this area at MERU in the Netherlands, detecting problem areas and working to find solutions, explained that rewiring and shielding of rooms and appliances can be done so that radiation is minimal or absent altogether.
A second article tomorrow will discuss further aspects of this issue.
For more information about Maharishi Sthapatya Veda, please visit: maharishi-programmes.globalgoodnews.com/vedic-architecture.
Copyright © 2007 Global Good News(sm) Service
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: