News Maharishi in the World Today

How We Present
the News







  
How The Ford Foundation is investing in change

Fast Company    Translate This Article
1 March 2018

On 1 March 2018 Fast Company reported: The 82-year-old Ford Foundation is upending the model for grant-making institutions by wielding its endow­ment like an impact investor. Though foundations traditionally spend 5 percent of their funds on cause-related grants and initiatives, the other 95 percent typically goes toward unrelated investments that keep the endowment growing. Ford spends between $500 million and $550 million a year to support social justice work around the world. But last year, it also pledged to plow up to $1 billion of its overall $12.5 billion endowment over the next decade into so-called mission-related investments (MRIs) that generate both financial and social returns. Global Good News service views this news as a sign of rising positivity in the field of business, documenting the growth of life-supporting, evolutionary trends.

Since April (2017), Ford has committed $30 million in MRIs aimed at solving the affordable housing crisis in the United States. That includes backing fair-rate housing developers like Jonathan Rose and Avanath, along with a community-improvement development bond from Capital Impact Partners. Next up, the investment team plans to dedicate money to improving financial services for the poor, backing creative ways to provide savings, insurance, and payment options.

To read the entire article click here

Every day Global Good News documents the rise of a better quality of life dawning in the world and highlights the need for introducing Natural Law based—Total Knowledge based—programmes to bring the support of Nature to every individual, raise the quality of life of every society, and create a lasting state of world peace.



Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using:

(Google)
(Altavista babelfish)

Send Good News to Global Good News.

Your comments.


business news business-more

World News | Genetic Engineering | Education | Business | Health News

Search | Global News | Agriculture and Environmental News | Business News
Culture News | Education News | Government News | Health News
Science and Technology News | World Peace | Maharishi Programmes
Press Conferences | Transcendental Meditation | Celebration Calendars | Gifts
News by Country | News in Pictures | What's New | Modem/High Speed | RSS/XML