How We Present
Award winning Vedic 'green' development in Florida, USA: Features of the homes
Translate This Article
2 December 2008
A Vedic 'green' community called Mandala Club in Florida, USA, has received several prestigious awards. Architects Richard Bialosky and David Ederer were featured on the Maharishi Global Family Chat on 24 November. Please also see Part I of this report.
The 90-home development in the upscale community of Vero Beach is based on the principles of Maharishi Vedic Architecture. Said Mr Bialosky, 'Vedic architecture addresses the wholeness of the system, the integrating value that connects a person with the deeper Laws of Nature.' He explained that the principles of Vedic Architecture surpass the typical approaches to 'green' building.
Pre-construction sales are underway and three homes have been completed. Dwellings range from 1,355 square foot (126 square metre) town homes to 4,800 square foot (446 square metre) single-family estate homes.
All the homes at Mandala Club include:
• Construction according to Maharishi Vedic Architecture
• Passive solar and energy efficient design
• Autoclaved aerated concrete block walls for energy efficiency and breathability
• Magnesium oxide cement wallboard in damp areas for long term durability and indoor air quality
• Marble-coat exterior stucco
• Clay plaster on interior walls to regulate humidity, create negative ions, and provide exceptional beauty
• Non-toxic paints, sealants and adhesives
• Formaldehyde-free bamboo cabinets
• Formaldehyde-free, zero VOC 'wheatcore' solid doors
• Formaldehyde-free duct board (Mandala Club has the first three homes in the world to use this encapsulated and insulated material in heating/cooling systems, which provides a dramatic improvement for indoor air quality.)
• Hard surface ceramic tile and bamboo flooring for improved air quality
• Energy Star appliances
• Whole house water filtration system
• Solar power for hot water
• Electrical systems designed to reduce electromagnetic field pollution
• Use of native plant landscaping.
'We looked at every element that goes into a house and how it affects the health of the occupants,' said Mr Ederer. 'We did everything we could to address that in the best possible way. I don't believe there are any production homes in the USA that surpass or even come close to the level of attention we've given to these elements. Just as you don't eat poison, we shouldn't live in a poisonous environment. It's so obvious.'
Visitors describe the homes as 'open, beautiful, with light flowing through them', and frequently comment on the feeling of peacefulness.
See www.mandalaclub.com for more information.
© Copyright 2008 Global Good News®
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: